April 18 - April 19
The fifth annual Human Resource Conference for Local Governments is scheduled for April 18-19 at the Ramkota Hotel in Bismarck. The conference will feature:
- “Build Your Team”, a motivational session presented by Lynn Beiswanger.
- A session on how to implement the human resource specific policies related to medical marijuana, including a panel of experts.
- Fifteen breakout sessions that address key emerging human resource issues.
- “The Keeping It Legal” presentation focused on all the various human resource law changes.
Registration is open on the new HR Collaborative website.
Through support from the ND Insurance Reserve Fund (NDIRF), NDRPA is pleased to offer 15 scholarships for members to attend the conference. NDRPA agency members are eligible for one scholarship each to cover the conference registration fee ($200 per person) through March 1 on a first-come, first-served basis. After that date, any remaining funds will be available to members who have already received a scholarship but wish to send more than one staff or board member to the conference. All scholarship requests and registration forms/confirmations must be received at the NDRPA office by 5 p.m. CT on April 2.
Because NDACo is managing conference registrations and only NDRPA members are eligible for the scholarship, there is no scholarship check box on the registration form. To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Register online.
- When you receive the confirmation email from NDACo, forward the email to Sam at the NDRPA office at firstname.lastname@example.org and note “scholarship request.”
You will be notified when your scholarship request has been received and awarded. If you are awarded a scholarship, NDRPA will pay your registration fee directly to the HR Collaborative. If your agency submits more than one scholarship request, the requests will be placed on a waiting list to be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis after March 1.
Please contact Shannon at 701-355-4458 with questions.