Hall of Fame
Induction into the NDRPA Hall of Fame is the highest honor bestowed on its members. Twenty-three individuals have been inducted since 1994.
Qualifications for Hall of Fame
NDRPA shall recognize outstanding parks and recreation professionals in its Hall of Fame who are eligible if they meet at least two of the following three criteria:
1. 50 years old
2. 20 years of parks and recreation service in North Dakota
The candidate’s nomination shall be judged on the following criteria:
- A successful record of accomplishment in the parks and recreation field in North Dakota.
- Active participation in the NDRPA shall be a high consideration.
The deadline for nominations is July 16.
NDRPA Hall of Fame Members
Short biographies and photos of all members are provided below. In addition, all members are recognized with plaques at the North Dakota Sports Hall of Fame in the Jamestown Civic Center.
- 1994 – Dr. LaVernia Jorgensen, University of North Dakota
- 1994 – Wendell Langendorfer, Wahpeton Park Board
- 1996 – Bob “Goose” Johnson, Fargo Park District
- 1996 – Jack Brown, Jamestown Parks & Recreation Department
- 1997 – Dick Leker, Grand Forks Park District
- 1998 – Ookie Hammond, Minot Park District
- 1998 – Tim Mueller, Bismarck Park District
- 2001 – Frances B. Kannowski, Grand Forks Park District
- 2001 – Mike Nilson, Minot Park District
- 2003 – Doug Eiken, ND Parks & Recreation Department
- 2004 – Dr. Tom Barnhart, North Dakota State University
- 2005 – Steve Neu, Bismarck Parks and Recreation District
- 2008 – Homer Abbott, Grand Forks Park District
- 2009 – Doug Jaeger, Dickinson Parks & Recreation
- 2009 – Ardean Aafedt, Williston Parks & Recreation
- 2010 – Steve Mullally, Grand Forks Park District
- 2011 – Randy Bina, Bismarck Parks and Recreation District
- 2012 – Roger Jensen, Wahpeton Parks and Recreation
- 2013 – Wayne Beyer, Wahpeton Parks and Recreation
- 2015 – Bill Palmiscno, Grand Forks Park District
- 2016 – Larry Grondahl, Williston
- 2019 – James Kramer, Dickinson Parks and Recreation
- 2019 – Terry Wallace, Devils Lake Park District